Our 2nd new member of the K4 family is the lovely Billy. Think Simon Reeve but 20 years younger! Here he shares what makes his world go round.
1. What aspects of your job do you love?
Solving the problem! Following the design process from the beginning to end and watching development progress to a real piece of work that you can feel and touch to deliver a clear message to the end-user.
2. What have you discovered about Holland Park?
The amount of famous people that are local to this area, still yet to bump in to anyone! ;)
3. What hobbies do you have?
I’ve got a creative streak that runs right through me; from my work to my hobbies. Creative from my job role throughout my hobbies.
4. If you were a dog, what breed would you be & why?
Shiba Inu. I asked Buzzfeed for this one, however the description sounded spot on! “Sometimes get accused of being aloof because I’m picky! An introvert but love socializing with my core group of friends and family. Plus, can be very affectionate — just on my own terms.”
5. What’s the one thing in life you would really like to do?
Get my knee fixed. I damaged it falling off my BMX bike and it’s never been the same since.
6. What’s your favourite building and why?
Lloyd's building because of the design. A very innovative building, with all the services outside maximizing the inside space, letting the function of the building dictate the form.
7. Which decade would you liked to have lived through?
Definitely the 90s as a teenager - as I feel that was the best era for my preference in music & design.
8. What thing are you most proud of?
Not ending up in the building industry like 90% of my friends. Everyone’s very similar in the area I grew up in.
9. What’s “your song”?
Potter Payper – Hear You.
10. What 3 words would your best mate describe you as?
Aware, organised, bold.
11. If you could take one thing with you on a desert island, what would it be?
12. Favourite sweet or chocolate bar?
Haribo star mix.
13. Favourite type and flavour of crisps?
SALT & VINEGAR!
14. Who or what has been your biggest influence?
It would have to be my mum, she has been through so much over the years and still manages to stay strong & always be smiling. If I could have the same mindset & drive at 50 I'd feel successful.